ESMIA offers expert services in the development and application of 3E optimization models (Energy-Economy-Environment) for strategic decision making at local, regional, national and global scales.
ESMIA consultants specialize in the development of MARKAL/TIMES integrated energy models MARKAL/TIMES and provide a full range of support services to our clients for setting up their own unique model or leveraging off of existing models.
- Learning modeling techniques
- Analyzing energy systems, markets and technologies
- Building energy balances and other databases
- Exploring calibration approaches
- Analyzing results
- Managing user interfaces
Having a comprehensive knowledge of integrated energy systems and their potential long term evolution, ESMIA consultants assist our clients by analyzing and resolving a large variety of energy related challenges.
- Effects of oil prices on energy demand and supply
- Market integration and electricity prices
- Capacity expansion or retrofit investment planning
- Impacts of new infrastructure projects (pipelines, interconnexions, refineries, etc.)
- Availability of new fuels (next generation biofuels, shale oil, tight gas, etc.)
- Viability of new projects under different possible energy futures or cost assumptions.
- Role and competitiveness of emerging technologies on markets (roadmap)
- Cost-effective distributed generation projects
- Complex interactions between factors affecting energy supply and demand
- Analyse du marché du gaz naturel liquéfié
- Energy security supply issues
- Techno-economic potentials for energy savings
- Prospective life cycle analysis (LCA)
Benefiting from many years of experience in consultation for multiple stakeholders, ESMIA consultants provides a uniquely qualified team with top-level research and strategic analytical capabilities to deliver rigorous analysis, propose customized recommendations to address critical issues and help decision makers meet their targets.
- Long term energy policy planning under different possible socio-economic futures
- Economic impacts of global climate agreements
- Economic impacts of national GHG mitigation targets
- Cost optimal mix of energy and/or climate policies
- Impacts of new regulations (efficiency standards, biofuel mandates, etc.)
- Impacts of fuel taxes or subsidies
- Optimal greenhouse gas mitigation strategies
- Cost evaluation of carbon taxes and multiregional emission permit trading systems.
- Policy design for the development of clean electricity and renewable energies
- Externality associated with energy or carbon control policies
- Costs associated with social choices
Our robust analyses, compelling recommendations and superior communication skills are adapted to targeted audiences including elected officials, business leaders, technical experts, scientists and/or consumers.
- Energy Producers
- Technology Promoters and Developers
- Investment Banks
- Industry Associations
- Governmental Departments
- Governmental Agencies
- Research Institutes, Chairs and Laboratories
- Public interest organisations