Come back to visit us soon to meet the rest of our team.
Kathleen Vaillancourt has been an energy modeling consultant and researcher for the past 15 years. She has specialized in the development of energy-economy-environment models and their applications for energy and climate policy analysis. She is involved in the Energy Technology Systems Analysis Program (ETSAP) of the International Energy Agency (IEA) where she provides in-person training and online technical support on how to develop energy models for strategic decision making.
Throughout her career, she has participated in the development of 7 national and global techno-economic energy models for high-profile organizations in Canada and internationally. She has a successful track record of over 20 energy related projects as a manager for multiple federal and provincial departments. In addition, she is always looking to develop new initiatives with partners and clients across both private and public sectors. She has participated in multiple forums, symposiums and press conferences as a keynote speaker on energy issues for various interest groups: engineers, lawyers, bankers, politicians. She has presented results in 30 world-class conferences on energy-related topics such as the International Energy Workshop (IEW) and the US Association for Energy Economics (USAEE). She has supervised 10 internships, masters and PhD students on energy-related topics. She holds a PhD in Environmental Sciences from the University of Quebec in Montreal, a postdoc from McGill University on the long-term role and potential of GHG emission abatement technologies and an MBA from HEC Montreal.
Erik is involved in the development of the multi-regional energy model NATEM, namely on the end-use demand sectors of the USA regions. Prior to joining the ESMIA team, Erik has been researching and modeling energy and environmental issues for the past 3 years with a focus on agricultural sectors. His past projects include: modeling Canada’s agriculture sector and, subsequently, assessing the climate change mitigation potential of alternative food consumption patterns; modeling Canada’s unconventional natural gas sources and assessing their viability in Canada’s future energy mix; and modeling Canadian liquefied natural gas trade and projecting the feasibility of Canadian LNG terminal projects. Additionally, he has presented his work at several academic conferences and for government agencies. Erik holds an Ms.c.in administration from HEC Montreal, specializing in applied economics.
Intership. Lasting three months, the research mandate relates to the analysis of long term economic and environmental impacts of a nuclear phase-out in Ontario using the optimization model TIMES-Canada V + representing in detail provincial energy systems. Impacts on greenhouse gas emissions and electricity trade with the Province of Québec are of interest particularly.
Supervisor : Pierre-Olivier Pineault, Professor at Department of Management Sciences and Holder of the Chair in Energy Sector Management, HEC Montreal
ESMIA Consultants works in close collaboration with world class experts from:
- ASATREM – Applied Systems Analyses, Technology and Research, Energy Models (Italia) http://www.asatrem.com/
- Chair in Energy Sector Management – Pierre-Olivier Pineault – HEC Montreal (Canada) http://www.hec.ca/en/profs/pierre-olivier.pineau.html
- DWG – Decision Ware Group (USA) http://www.decisionwaregroup.com/
- Dunsky Energy Consulting (Canada) http://www.dunsky.ca/
- E4SMA- Energy Engineering Economic Environment Systems Modeling and Analysis (Italia) http://www.e4sma.com
- ÉcoRessources Consultants (Canada) http://www.ecoressources.com/
- ENERIS –Environment Energy Consultants (Spain) http://www.enerisconsultants.com
- Forest Lavoie Conseil http://www.forestlavoieconseil.com/
- GERAD – Group for Research in Decision Analysis (Canada) http://www.gerad.ca/
- IEC – Intelligent Energy Consulting – Yuri Alcocer (Canada) http://www.linkedin.com/in/energymanagement
- KANLO Consultants (France) http://www.kanlo.net/
- KanORS-EMR Consultants (India) http://www.kanors.com
- Olivier Bahn – Independent consultant and Professor – HEC Montréal (Canada) http://www.hec.ca/en/profs/olivier.bahn.html
- SCMS Global Inc. http://scmsglobal.com
- Sustainable Energy Economics – Evelyn Wright (USA) http://facets-model.com/
- What If? (Canada) http://www.whatiftechnologies.com/
Analyst – Energy Systems. We are looking for an analyst who will participate in energy-related mandates and model developments for various types of clients (building databases, modelling energy systems and calibrating models).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct research on energy related topics
- Compile and manage databases
- Write research reports
- Analyse results on the economic and environmental impacts of policies
- Prepare and give presentations on different topics
- Prepare service offers and project proposals
- Maintain contacts with partners and clients
- Assist in project management
- Postgraduate diploma
- In a filed related to energy, economy, environment or natural resources
- Knowledge of main energy challenges
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Good communication skills in two of the three languages (French, English, Spanish).
To apply :
- Send us your CV with a short letter of motivation by e-mail at email@example.com.
- We accept applications until the position is filled.
In addition, we welcome applications from outstanding candidates as super-modelers or policy analysts. If you are attracted to stimulating challenges and to achieving exciting goals send a CV and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer undergraduate, masters and doctorates students the prospect of benefiting from our 3E optimization models and working on a wide range of energy related issues with the support of our modeling experts.
These internships are designed to provide students with the opportunity of producing deliverables that may lead to further research or scientific publications. Duration may vary from a few weeks to a few months; the internships are open year-round. If you are interested, please send your application file including note statements, letter of motivation and contact information of your professor supervisor at email@example.com.
Depending on the company needs, awards competitions will be announced for specific internship topics. Come back to see us.